Organisations are under pressure. Margins are stressed from all sides because of steadily rising labour costs and more intense competition. On top of that, today’s customers have high expectations from efficient interactions with organisations to convenient, reliable and value for money product and service deliveries. The customer’s expectations continue to surge as digital disruptors alike raise the bar for personalised service often with an advantaged cost structure. As organisations struggle to adapt, and even to survive, they increasingly pursue initiatives to address margin strain and more demanding customer expectations.
While these cost pressures are not new, many organisations are still grappling with cost-reduction levers. Unable to pass on costs to their customers in this hypercompetitive environment, organisations are looking towards MetaPerformance to assist them to bolster margins.
So, if you’re concerned about the economic outlook, and if you get challenging questions from your board about the resilience of your organisation’s performance, how do you best respond? It turns out that in times of crisis and in times of economic slowdown, not everybody fares the same. Those organisations that make the shift to an operating model which combines operations capabilities with digital technologies, one that can create value, lower costs, and improve customer experience, giving organisations an edge in a highly competitive landscape, are the ones that do well.
Transitioning to this new operating model can result in productivity gains of up to 30 percent, reductions in turnaround time, and growth.
We help organisations make the shift to the new operating model. How do we do it? We analyse the end-to-end processes (Value streams) and how it’s enabled by people and technology ( a key focus area is to digitize the end-to-end business processes and services) to generate value. This approach powers excellent customer journeys. In an era of consumerism, digital, and data disruption, we help our clients examine their business and operating models to find a solution that will enable a step-change in performance.
We bring world-leading designers and technical experts to redesign the entire experience and radically improving the customer journey. Robotics and automation are dramatically reshaping the global economy. We help our clients identify the newest technologies to change the way they work. From delivering faster customer service to better quality products and efficient operations, robotics and automation provide enormous value for organisations that adopt them at scale.
Digital capabilities such as automation, AI, analytics, cloud, and emerging new technologies are often used in our designs. Our solutions also harness data, and intelligence to deliver the right information where and when it’s needed. MetaPerformance helps reinventing business operations through industrialised business process expertise, technology, advanced analytics and data. We design intelligent solutions for superior business outcomes.
Recent Case Studies Include:
- Rand Mutual Assurance: Simplified and digitized the Claims administration process; cutting cycle times, costs and increasing customer centricity.
- Alexander Forbes: Simplified and digitized the Claims administration process; cutting cycle times, costs and increasing customer centricity.
- Cross-Border Road Transport Agency: Helped them to digitize and automate their processes, cut the time it takes customers to get permits – from weeks to hours.
Our TO-BE Design solutions often have significant benefits and outcomes:
The MetaPerformance consultants work with our clients to collaboratively define the current (AS-IS) Value streams and then rethink and collaboratively redesign them (TO-BE) to improve overall efficiencies, effectiveness, and customer-centricity.
- We map Value Streams (end-to-end processes) viewed from the customer’s perspective into the organisation (outside-in approach). We view each stimulus/response mechanism from the customer’s perspective
- When we track the end-to-end processes as a stimulus-response mechanism from the customer’s perspective, we avoid silos and systems operating in isolation. Our Value Streams, therefore, look at all the internal processes and interactions. Once we’ve mapped these journeys (end-to-end processes), we apply technologies and operations capabilities in a coordinated way, moving beyond the silos that prevent many organisations from achieving maximum impact. Our approach ensures employees collaborate effectively across business units, functions, and reporting lines. Being siloed prevents organisations from realizing the business impact.
As Industry 4.0 continues to advance with breath-taking speed, unleashing new capabilities at equally breath-taking speed, it’s all too easy for business leaders to succumb to relying solely on technology to drive operational improvement. Automation, advanced analytics, digital performance management, cloud computing, machine learning —all offer powerful and game-changing ways for organizations to achieve new heights in operational performance. But the costs and effort these technologies and platforms entail can often exceed their payoff. The expectations surrounding them, it turns out, are often inflated. Organisations need to focus as much on the other enablers such as people (role clarity and accountability) as they do on the Industry 4.0 technologies.
We’re firm believers of systems thinking and hence our comprehensive solutions (people, process, and technology) ensure long-term sustainability. Systems thinking is a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system’s constituent parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems. The systems thinking approach contrasts with traditional analysis, which studies systems by breaking them down into their separate elements. Changing one part of the system affects other parts and the whole system, with predictable patterns of behaviour.
Besides the technology components, we also utilise various other techniques when redesigning these Value Streams, such as:
- Lean Manufacturing: ensures cost efficiency and waste reduction (Waste is often as a result of rework, hand-offs, bottlenecks, over-production, etc.);
- Kanban – WIP, Push vs. Pull;
- Queueing Theory;
- STP– straight-through processing.
MetaPerformance has rich experience and skills in the implementation of these world-class, best-practice frameworks and facilitates an outcome drive approach for Process Improvement, thereby enabling the customer’s strategic objectives. Our solutions could include frameworks like CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, Six Sigma and PCMM.
MetaPerformance is also a proud partner with premium Software Engineering organisations like the Johannesburg Centre for Software Engineering (JCSE), for the successful implementation of these world-class best-practice frameworks. Some of the specific Process consulting services offered by MetaPerformance in partnership with the JCSE are:
- CMMI based SCAMPI Class A, Class B and Class C appraisals
- CMMI based Trainings for Development, Services and Acquisitions Constellations
- Gap Analyses, Action Planning and Implementation
- Strategic Due Dilligence
- Process Re-engineering, Mapping and Definitions
- Best Practice Trainings