With increasing supply chain planning complexity, our objective remains simple; help our clients obtain a more accurate view on demand, a feasible supply response and a profitable demand supply match
Interested in this service? Request a callback from one of our friendly consultants…
Supply Chain Consulting
A company’s performance is often restricted by fragmented decision making. To deal with increasing complexity, decision making has been split into functions such as Finance, Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing and Distribution. In many cases these functions act as separate silos, making decisions based on their own objectives, incentives and locally available data. Secondly with the advent of e-commerce, establishing an operating model with regards to procurement and fulfilment has become key.
Companies need a structured approach and process to drive a single set of forward-looking numbers . Each element of this number set must be translated into terms that key shareholders can understand and be made accountable for. Integrated Business Planning (IBP) is the mechanism that integrates strategic and tactical planning process across all functional silos.
Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
Our Concurrent IBP Framework aims to bring all the planning components together, with supply chain updates being managed concurrently instead of sequentially. It focusses on creating an enabling and supporting environment and organisation through a pragmatic and phased design approach so that:
- Your supply chain information is freed from silos and becomes available across the enterprise.
- Your strategy can now effectively drive the business because plans are syncronised across the enterprise and over time.
- Finance and are operations and aligned, creating a singular vision and one source of the truth.
- Concurrent planning that allows instant updates and agile decisions across all functions.
- The new breed of IBP technology platforms creates unprecedented data and automated analysis providing real-time and meaningful insights.
What Business Value Will IBP Deliver
Experience has shown that a real financial benefit has been achieved by many companies who have embarked on the journey towards IBP. In addition, the following benefits are delivered:
- An integrated planning platform across marketing, operations and finance
- A holistic understanding of performance drivers
- Quantifying the financial impact of planning decisions
- Increased business flexibility and responsiveness
1. A phased approach (based on maturity) – IBP is not a quick fix or fast implementation; based on maturity levels and organizational readiness, we start by defining the key planning objectives and underlying process.
2. Always focus on the value – At each stage of implementation, our focus is always on the potential value that can be extracted. We also consider your strategic objectives and risk.
3. Begin with the end in mind – By understanding what you want to achieve we reverse engineer the process to link information, process and reporting to key organisational objectives.
4. Providing effective leadership – IBP crosses organisational boundaries – that is its strength but also its vulnerability. Executive leadership is required to set clear ground rules and boundaries for working together. Only through cross-functional co-operation will your IBP journey lead to success.