After a project for the Alexander Forbes Risk Services Claims Processing division the below results were achieved which proved the business case for investing in the MetaPerformance exercise (what Alexander Forbes received in terms of a Return far exceeded what they paid in Consulting fees – a very large ROI):
- Volume throughput: 30% additional capacity created.
- Turn-around Times: 24% reduction.
- Risk Reduction:
- More accurate measure of estimates.
- Reduction in customer complaints of up to 25%.
- Rejected Claims Count: Improved claim rejection of 7.5%.
The RMA Claims division contracted the services of MetaPerformance
to assist them in achieving three objectives, namely 1) increased customer centricity, 2) improved efficiencies- and 3) effectiveness improvements. The aim was to design the required claims capabilities (process, people and technology) to meet and exceed customer expectations (creating significant “moments of truth”) while lowering the cost of operations and reducing the occurrence of possible fraudulent claims.
- A specification for the IT division of RMA informing them how to strategically respond to demanding business requests ensuring long-term sustainability
- A Business Architecture (down to detailed processes, data requirements and business rules)
- A roadmap to guide the implementation of the solution
The customer-centric design placed the customer and his / her needs at the centre of everything. With disruptive competitors creating elevated customer expectations, the design had to ensure that digital technologies were integrated into the Claims operations. The design embraced digital channels and technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Analytics-driven claim handling and automation, and digital applications such as chatbots to turn the process of filing a claim into a fast, simple, and satisfying experience.
The MetaPerformance customer-centric design involved an end-to-end reassessment of the customer interactions (“The claims customer journey”) and for maximum impact, designed a claims capability with a digital value proposition and an aspirational future state.
The solution gave management the ability to both transform the claims function into a digital function and improve performance on all of the three foundational KPIs (customer-centricity, efficiencies and effectiveness).
The Cross-Border Road Transport Agency (C-BRTA) is a Schedule 3A Agency established through the Cross-Border Road Transport Act 4 of 1998 and provides advice, regulation, facilitation and law enforcement in respect of commercial cross border road transport. The Act gives the C-BRTA mandate to license commercial cross border road transport operators by issuing permits to operate.
The C-BRTA wished to replace their CBRTS permit system with a new Integrated Cross-Border Management system (iCBMS) and one of the requirements was the review of the current Regulatory processes to overhaul them for digital enablement.
Company ABC (name removed for privacy reasons) is a luxury fashion retailer in the South African market that has 160 years of retail legacy. The business required a turnaround strategy. Company ABC decided to relaunch in the South African market via an e-commerce platform. The initial category focused on the beauty market, with a specific focus on skincare, colour cosmetics, fragrance and beauty accessories. During the implementation of the supply chain function for the e-commerce business, Company ABC met several challenges.
These challenges included, but was not limited to:
- Establishing product supplier agreements
- Identifying and establishing agreements with logistics service providers
- Establishing the operating model with regards to procurement and
- Suppliers were reluctant to enter into drop-shipment arrangements (required min order quantities)
- Consolidation of orders proved to be challenging
- Investigating a hybrid model of replenishment on smaller quantities
- Investigating a hub environment to consolidate and ship from. Where do we place hubs? Will I keep stock here or merely use it as a throughput site? Can we hire a hub on an on-demand basis (as-and-when needed). We need assistance in selecting a 3PL
MetaPerformance was asked to put a proposal forward for the design and implementation of the supply chain operating model, which would include:
- Governance policies and structures and performance metrics,
- Setting up agreements with supply chain business partners including product suppliers and inbound and outbound fulfilment service providers.
- To launch the Company ABC online store.
- Leading up to the launch, implement a supply chain operating model that would cater specifically for the needs of Company ABC (e.g. last-mile delivery).